70 Tint Front Windows: Everything You Need To Know In 2023


Car window tinting has become increasingly popular over the years, and for good reason. Tinted windows offer a range of benefits, from protecting your car’s interior to providing privacy and reducing glare. However, when it comes to the front windows, many people are unsure about the legalities and whether it’s worth the investment. In this article, we’ll explore everything you need to know about 70 tint front windows in 2023.

What is 70 Tint?

70 tint refers to the level of darkness of the window film, with 70% being the lightest option available. This means that 70% of the visible light is able to pass through the window, while the remaining 30% is blocked. This level of tint is often referred to as a ‘light smoke’ or ‘legal tint’, as it is typically within the legal limits for front windows.


Before investing in 70 tint front windows, it’s important to check the legal requirements in your state or country. In the US, each state has its own laws regarding window tinting, with some allowing darker tints on front windows than others. As a general rule, 70 tint is legal for front windows in most states, but it’s always best to double-check before making any modifications to your car.


So, why choose 70 tint for your front windows? Here are some of the key benefits:

  • Reduced glare: 70 tint can help to reduce the amount of glare from the sun or oncoming headlights, making driving safer and more comfortable.
  • Privacy: A light tint can help to provide some privacy while still allowing you to see out of the window.
  • Protection: Window tinting can help to protect your car’s interior from sun damage, such as fading or cracking of the dashboard and seats.
  • Cooler interior: Tinted windows can help to keep the interior of your car cooler, reducing the need for air conditioning and improving fuel efficiency.


While there are DIY window tinting kits available, it’s recommended to have your front windows tinted by a professional. This is because the front windows are often more complex than the rear windows, with curves and sensors that can make installation tricky. A professional installer will be able to ensure that the tint is applied correctly and without any bubbles or creases.


The cost of tinting your front windows will depend on a range of factors, including the size of your windows, the type of car you have, and the level of tint you choose. As a rough guide, you can expect to pay around $100-$300 for 70 tint front windows. While this may seem like a significant investment, the benefits can outweigh the cost in the long run.


To ensure that your 70 tint front windows last as long as possible, it’s important to take good care of them. Avoid using abrasive cleaners or rough cloths, as these can scratch the tint. Instead, use a mild soap and soft cloth to clean the windows. It’s also important to avoid rolling down the windows for at least 48 hours after installation, to allow the tint to fully cure.


If you’re not sure if 70 tint front windows are right for you, there are a range of other options to consider. These include:

  • 50 tint: This is slightly darker than 70 tint, allowing 50% of visible light to pass through.
  • 35 tint: This is a popular choice for front windows, as it provides a darker tint while still being within the legal limits in most states.
  • 20 tint: This is a darker option, allowing only 20% of visible light to pass through. However, it may not be legal for front windows in some states.
  • Ceramic tint: This is a high-quality option that provides excellent heat rejection and UV protection.


70 tint front windows can be a great investment for those looking for a light tint that is within the legal limits in most states. With reduced glare, increased privacy, and protection for your car’s interior, there are plenty of benefits to consider. Just be sure to check the legal requirements in your state and have your windows tinted by a professional for the best results.